Taking the plunge into the super-active, real-time world of social media can seem scary for the uninitiated; however, it not only represents an exciting way to connect with your customers and prospects, it can also seriously benefit your organization. It is no longer a question of why your brand should participate online, but why not.
Seven reasons brands can’t afford to ignore social media any longer:
1. Your customers
Your business exists because of your customers! Make your brand easily accessible to them so they can ask questions and give feedback in a way that is convenient for them. Brands that effectively communicate with customers through social media enjoy stronger, more profitable relationships with them. Still not convinced? Some amazing stats Buffer recently published:
• 71% of users who experience quick and effective brand responses through social media are more likely to recommend the brand to others
• Users who receive responses to customer service requests via social media are apt to spend 20% to 40% more with the company
• 86% of social media users indicated social media as the preferred method of communication for receiving responses to complaints
2. Your reputation
Picture this: you are back in high school and see a group of kids whispering and staring at you. Whether or not it bothers you, you probably want to know what they are saying, right? Although your high school days are over, when it comes to your brand, you should still be concerned about gossip and rumours.
Customers will talk about your brand with or without you. Social media gives you a better understanding of what people are saying, and an opportunity to join the conversation and guide its tone. Best of all, you can publicly debunk any mistruths or misunderstandings that could potentially harm your brand long-term if left unattended.
3. Your other marketing activities
Social media wrings every bit of marketing potential out of your efforts and spreads your messages further, helping make the most of your marketing dollars.
Is your company hosting a customer appreciation event? Create a Facebook photo album, post-event, so prospects can see how much you value your customers.
Is your company considering a limited-time-only promotion for a product? Tweet about it using relevant hashtags to pump its visibility and sales.
Were you recently at a conference on behalf of your company? Post a picture of yourself and one of the speakers on Instagram to highlight your brand’s active participation within the greater industry.
The great thing about social media is that there are endless ways to creatively implement it to drive your brand visibility and engagement even further!
4. Your strengths, weaknesses, threats and opportunities
Social media is a fantastic way to gather real feedback from clients and prospects. This feedback is pure gold: FREE, unmediated insight from stakeholders that can be used for shaping the business or operations moving forward! This has major implications for your bottom line. For example, if you often receive the same question about a particular product, this may indicate that the money, time and energy spent responding to this inquiry may be better used to update its packaging.
5. Your community
It takes a village to raise a child. It takes a community to generate brand loyalty and referrals.
Okay, maybe not, but I’ll let the numbers speak for themselves:
• For the average business, loyal customers make up 20% of customer base but drive 80% of purchasing activity**
• Over their lifetime, loyal customers spend 10 times more**
• 85% of fans of brands on Facebook recommend brands to others*
• 81% of U.S. online consumers’ purchase decisions are influenced by their friends’ social media posts versus 78% who are influenced by the posts of the brands they follow on social media*
• 77% of consumers are more likely to buy a new product when learning about it from friends or family*
6. Your new prospects
As the stats below demonstrate, each social media channel’s user base has distinct characteristics. A little bit of research can uncover where your prospects hang out online, helping your brand efficiently reach out.
• 80% of Pinterest users are female
• 61% of teens ages 13-19 identified Tumblr as their favourite social media site
• 76% of Twitter’s monthly active users access the site on mobile devices
7. Your SEO
SEO is everywhere these days! Everyone wants to know what it is, how to do it and how to improve theirs. It is such a hardcore topic; to avoid getting in too deep, we’ll keep it short and sweet: the more social media mentions your website receives, the better your SEO. Check out this fun infographic for more on the relationship between social media and SEO.
Is your brand ready to take the leap into the world of social media? If so, let Patch Design be your guide! We would love an opportunity to establish or strengthen your online presence and pump up your ROI. Contact us today to get started!